miércoles, 2 de mayo de 2007

The middle path

I am one of those people who has never been able to give the right answer to certain, often asked, pointless questions, i.e. what do sheep count for getting to sleep?, or what's heavier, one Kg. of feathers or one Kg. of plumb? I mean who cares? I have always found such questions a terrible waste of time.

Only until she asked me THE Question-and by this I mean The Question of Questions, The Queen of Questions (aka Q.Q.): if you could choose between flying in the air or flowing with the water, which one would you choose, as a means of transport? Wow. I mean, wow. I was so astonished by that question that I didnt know what to answer.

It's taken me almost years to find a proper thing to say. I have been thinking hard about this one. I have had many sleepless nights, many nights of sleep full of nightmares, too, many thoughtful morning hangovers, many hesitating worried afternoons. Finally, I have reached a conclusion. This would be my answer: I'd rather float in between those two (air and water), and levitate as a means of transport, always heading forward, but in the middle of nowhere.