martes, 25 de noviembre de 2008

Non sequiturs

You like keeping to yourself. I keep my ear to the ground, become a lip-reader when needed. Any time I feel invited to intrude in your theatrical flings, that is.

And so we made eye contact for the umpteenth time and telepathically set the date for the jump. Come the day, I don't show up and you don't even mention it the next day. Who the hell is flying this plane, anyway?

But then again, how can I know that you did go? Maybe we are, after all, one mind and none of us was sitting on that bench last Saturday.

You can argue and throw at me that my inactions may be construed as devious. Such a pretty thesaurus you are too.

Deviant, I am, nonetheless. I'll give you that. And, frankly, I'd give you more if you'd just ask. So ask me. You know I can't think for myself. My head is full and filled with empty facts and useless guesses. I could tell you balsa wood is lighter than cork and blood runs thicker than water. Bullshit will continue to run thicker still anyhow. And it's not like I can't wait to carry water for you now that you're pretending you never told me to do such a thing.

Still you sink to my level and look the other way. You don't answer me, so I have to assume I'm the bad guy in all this. Alright then, you're the angel, I stood you up. No need to ask.

Carry the water I will.